Car Rental Boston: Angebote im Preisvergleich
Bis 24 Stunden vor Mietbeginn stornieren Sie kostenlos.
Unsere Mietwagen-Experten beraten Sie gerne persönlich. Rufen Sie uns einfach an.
Boston is one of the oldest cities in the United States. It has a rich history, starting from its founding in 1630 by Puritan settlers from England to being the stage for milestones of the American Revolution, such as the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party and the Battle of Bunker Hill. With its colleges and universities, Boston is considered a centre for higher education and medicine. Rent a car in Boston to enjoy flexibility and have the chance to tour the area, and maybe even see the vibrant foliage during "Indian Summer".
Car rental Boston: The most important rental sites
Auto rental in Boston makes it easier for you to get around the city. You can also book a long term or one way rental in Boston if you want to see more of the East Coast on your trip to the USA. Check out deals from car rental companies at the following locations:
|Rental Site||Address||Main Opening Times*|
|Boston Logan International Airport||1 Harborside Dr, Boston, MA 02128, U.S.||12:00 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.|
|City Office||270 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02110, U.S.||08:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.|
*The opening times may vary depending on the rental site. More information can be found in the listing details. Pick up and returns are possible outside of the opening times, although additional charges may be applicable.
Rent a car in Boston and discover its sights
- The Freedom Trail takes you past 16 of the city's major historic sites and monuments. The three-mile trail is lined with red bricks in the sidewalk, making it easy to follow. Footprints continue to mark the trail at street crossings. Starting from the Boston Common, the trail leads you past the State House to the Old Granary Burying Ground and the King's Chapel Burying Ground. You can visit the Old South Meeting House, where the Boston Tea Party was initiated. The Old State House, the site of the Boston Massacre, is Boston's oldest public building. The trail finishes across the bridge in Charlestown, with the 220-foot granite Bunker Hill Monument.
- The Faneuil Hall, known as the 'cradle of liberty', was built in 1740 as a market hall. On the upper floor of the hall is a council chamber famed for its historical revolutionary meetings, while the ground floor is still occupied by market stalls. There are shops selling jewellery, clothing, gifts, and souvenirs in the square around the market. The Ancient and Honourable Artillery Museum occupies the fourth floor, with exhibitions of weaponry, uniforms, and paintings of major battles. Opt for cheap car hire in Boston to save money by renting for just the time you'll need it.
- The Boston Commonlies in the centre of the city and is America's oldest park. Ice skating is popular here in the winter months, when the Frog Pond freezes over. In other seasons, visitors can relax and watch the spring flowers or fall foliage reflecting in the water's surface.
- Near the Public Garden is the Boston botanical garden. Here you can find Victorian-style monuments, the statue of George Washington on a horse and popular modern bronzes of a family of ducks. Don’t forget to take a ride in the famous Swan Boats at the lake in the centre of the garden.
- The Indian summer is perhaps the best reason to rent a car in Boston is to see the surrounding area, such as the historical towns of Plymouth and Salem, and to enjoy the area's colourful foliage in autumn.
Getting around with your rental car in Boston
Cars drive on the right-hand side of the road here. If you are used to driving on the left, take extra care when pulling out of junctions and roundabouts. Boston streets are quite narrow and the parking spaces are small. You'll be happier with a smaller rental car in Boston. It can be tricky to find parking spaces in the city, so be prepared to walk. As the city has excellent transportation, for stress-free sightseeing you can also park at your hotel and use public transport.
Unsere Mietwagen-Experten helfen Ihnen gerne.+49 221 567 999 11